Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Falling Inlove All Over Again

It was only for two days but somehow, I fell inlove again. With Madrid.

It was not only the beauty of the place that once again caught me breathless (infact I haven't had enough time to take in Madrid in the two days I breezed through the city) but also the warmth and the friendship of the people who have spent their time with me.

I had a great time drinking sangria (discovered I could drink more than 10 glasses without even getting dizzy until that one glass of vodka cola!), barhopping, shopping in Fuenlabrada, and spending the two afternoons just catching up with old friends. There was so much to talk about in the last 4 or 2 years that I have not seen them and if I could only stop time to make my stay much longer, I would have done it. I knew I would be missing them more than I had ever before.

I thank the following friends for this short but wonderful weekend:

Goran, Turin, JM, Angel -- for tha sangrias, vinos, vodkas, stories, and laughs during the last two days. It was a wonderful surprise seeing you all at the airport.

Laura -- for welcoming me into your home and making me feel comfortable as much as you can despite the fact that this was the first time that we've personally met each other.

Sylvia, Cristina, Ruben, Mery -- for adding more fun to this weekend. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to talk to you that much, I promise to practice my Spanish more next time!

Antonio and Sheila -- for driving all the way from Granada to spend time with me. You both look good together!

Javi and Sylvia -- for letting me hold and laugh with Sammy and Irene even for awhile.

Tapi -- for entertaining Ivan and myself when we went to visit you. Hope you start playing football soon!

Ivan -- for driving all the way to Fuenlabrada to spend the afternoons with me. I had a beautiful afternoon at El Dorado with you. We still have to buy our lottery tickets!

To those whom I have not been able to meet (Vicente, Rover, Juampa, David, Jesus), you each owe me one glass of sangria the next time I'm there!

I hope to see you again soon, be it in Manila or Madrid! Will be posting the pictures soon!

Quidate mucho!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyn! :-) Am back and I had a grand time! I'm still busy catching up with work so I might post pictures later this week. I'm glad that you're updating your site! Now it's my time to say - "bien manada gayot hora!" Hehehe. Keep posting! See you soon! And have more fun! :-) Mwah!

Ailyn said...

hey bonita! miss you a lot.. got lots of chikas when i get back.. europe is absolutely beautiful makes me want to go back here soon!

Anonymous said...

Btw, you're in my blogroll now... :-)