Saturday, February 23, 2008

Surf's Up!


I am into sports all my life but I have never really tried any serious watersport before. And I didn't know I would actually love one until I tried surfing with my Citi friends. I can't get enough of it eversince :)

Once a month, we try to head to La Union for a weekend of fun, sun and sand. We usually stay at surf camp and head to Bacnotan for friendlier waves. And believe me, it is a challenging but equally amazing experience trying to paddle on your own, balance on your board and drag(or paddle) back to the sea to catch a new wave.

One important lesson learned though --Do NOT apply too much sunblock on your forehead because when you get wet and the water starts dripping down your eyes, your eyes will start to hurt and you'll spend the entire time squinting and trying to see through the waves! Believe me, it makes balancing on the board more difficult!

Aside from the perpetual tan that we seem to have acquired, the once a month trips to La Union gave most of us a much needed exercise. Hopefully, we get to have those washboard abs soon! ;)
Should you wish to go surfing, let me know. I'll introduce you to our surfing contacts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow inggit yo lynee..kere tamen yo..hehehe.is this expensive? :0) ti-ne

Ailyn said...

hey tine!

we usually spend around 3K-3,500K for a weekend trip to La Union...that is inclusive of transpo, accommodations, board and instructor, and food. For the transpo, usually we justhire a van pero it's easy to commute to San Juan. I can give you the our contact for the resort. If you want to go, better do it before end of march kasi by summer wala ng waves :) let me know lang:)